Monday, October 18, 2010

Tagged

So, I have about 37 different things I want to write about, but apparently can't manage to get my blog on more than once a week. 
Although, clearly I can manage to use embarrassing phrases like "get my blog on."

In the next few days, I will get my blog on (see, I can't stop) about AG's first birthday, a fun trip to the beach with the Bagwells, and our SIXTH anniversary!  You may even get to hear about AG's 1 year pediatrician appointment.

Try not to die of excitement in the meantime.

For now, though, my friend Melanie at "Mel’s Coffee Break," has tagged me in a blog post. I've never been tagged before, so I hope I get this right.  Basically, she asked me the following 7 questions, and then in turn, I get to ask 7 other bloggers, 7 new questions.  I'm looking at you, blog friends.  I'm about to get my tag on.

Stop, Sherri.  Just stop.

1. What is your life slogan / verse / motto?
Zephaniah 3:17—The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing.

(Btw, that was a paraphrase.  I hope I didn't just misquote the Bible.)

2. What one piece of advice would you give to your "younger" self if you could?
Just say no to perms, bangs, and acid-washed jeans. Oh, and those boys you liked? They really aren’t all that great compared to who you end up with.

3. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Probably just sharing my randomness with the few people who care to read. And keeping up with things that are going on in life. Since my journaling attempts tend to last, oh maybe a day at best.

4. Do you have any dreams that have been on the back-burner that you still would like to achieve?
I’m kind of embarrassed to answer this question. But I’ve always wanted to write a book.  Despite no knowledge of how to do so, and the fact that my only qualification is that I like to READ books.

Also, I’ve always wanted to be one of Justin Timberlake’s backup dancers.

I think both of these dreams fall somewhere between highly unlikely and completely impossible.


5. What is something new you would like to learn?
I’d really love to learn how to sew. And if you knew me in college, or really just at any point in my life, you probably just fell off your chair laughing. But, I do like to create things, and although I am not very Martha-inclined, maybe I could save myself some $$ when I need curtains.


6. What is something about you that we would be surprised to learn?
I was the spelling bee champion of my elementary school. I won with the word “gubernatorial.”


7. If you found $100 bill, (lucky you!) what would you buy?
I should probably say something selfless, like diapers or baby clothes. But in reality, I would head straight to the nearest Anthropologie.
Hey, just being honest here.

Okay, so now I make up seven new questions, and tag seven new bloggers.  So I can get my tag on, and you can get your blog on. 

(I promise not to ever say that again.  Maybe.)

I'm tagging:

Caroline at O-Baby
Betsy at Three B's in a Pod
Candace at The Smith Faily
Kelly at The Denbow Family
Jenny at The Ostensons
Kimberly at The Nelsons
Sara at One More Thing

And girls, your questions to answer are:

1.  What's your most embarrassing moment?

2.  How did you meet your husband/fiance?

3.  What is one thing you would change about yourself, if you had the chance?

4.  What is your biggest pet peeve?

5.  What's your favorite word?  (Mine's "satchel," in case you were wondering.)

6.  What is your favorite place in the world?  Be specific.

7.  If you could re-name yourself, what name would you pick? 

Did I do this right, Melanie?  Thanks for tagging me, girl.  It was fun!

1 comment:

Our Family's Story... said...

YAY!!! How fun;) And I loved reading your responses:)