Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Much-Needed Mommy Advice

Today I got to spend a little time with my friend, Kristy....even though we don't get to hang out super often, I always feel like I take away little pearls of wisdom from her! She has a precious one-year old daughter, and she shared some advice with me that was given to her by another mom. Basically, don't try to do things for your child that your child can do for herself. Now, I know there are mommies out there who may disagree with this, but I felt like it is definitely something to remember. I struggle with a "do it myself, just to get it done" mentality sometimes, and I want to make sure I'm letting Ally Grace learn some things on her own. Wow, even writing that overwhelms me, as I realize how little I know about teaching and shaping a little person.



Regardless, it was time well spent, and I loved getting to hear about Kristy's favorite baby items....i.e. Hot Slings, the Bob running stroller, Crib-It, etc. I need all the advice I can get, so feel free to send me some of your own "mommy must-haves!"



Also, on a side note, Jackson did GREAT hanging with little Josie while Kristy and I chatted. I was worried that his 95lb self would come running at her and knock her down, but he was pretty gentle...It was so cute to see him following her around, while trying to steal her goldfish snacks. I think he's definitely ready for a little sister, although I wonder if he realizes that his days of being pampered are numbered?

No comments: