Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas!!

**Um, I just found this post in my list of unpublished posts....oops. So yes. I am posting about Christmas.....on January 18th. Why not, my Christmas tree's STILL up, so clearly I am living in denial about Christmas being over.**

Christmas is pretty much my FAVORITE time of year. For lots of reasons, obviously first and foremost being Jesus....And, now that I don't have to worry that you'll think I'm not really a Christian, or that I forgot why we celebrate Christmas in the first place, let me tell you a few of my other reasons too.



1. Because I LOVE giving gifts. Love it! And I am so not about to be the person who gives you something practical either. In my opinion, gifts should be something fun that you wouldn't buy yourself. John and I have very different approaches on this, as illustrated by his response when I asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he said "nothing." Say what?! Do you not know me at all? To which he replied, "Okay, then get me some diapers." Hmmmm, I wasn't aware you were wearing diapers these days, honey. And then my favorite response...."Why don't you just make me something?" Since we know that I am A) not crafty, and B) not culinary, you are taking a BIG RISK with that one, babe.



Clearly, you can see our problem. I like to make it easy by compiling a wish list, complete with links, sizes, and order of preference. I'm kidding. Or not.



2. Christmas decorations! I seriously love putting them up, and completely hate taking them down. They may or may not have stayed up until February last year. We got started on them yesterday, and in assembling our pre-lit tree, found out that about half of the lights don't work. John suggested getting another strand of lights and filling in the gaps. Lazy Sherri is wondering if some creative ornament arranging might cover up some of the un-lit spaces.



3. Peppermint Lattes. Needs no explanation.



4. Christmas parties! I feel like we usually go through about 3 solid weeks of nonstop parties. This year's been a little trickier with the baby though, since apparently most people don't have parties that last from 6-7:30pm.



5. Christmas cards! How fun is it to see pictures of your favorite people, along with any new additions (babies, puppies, etc) from the past year? Unfortunately, this falls into my "good intentions, but" category. As in, I had good intentions of doing a Christmas card, but it just didn't happen this year. Or last year. Or the year before that. Actually, I'm pretty sure we've only managed one Christmas card in the last five years. Oops. It was a good one though, we were even wearing red and green.



Now, to be grinch-like, and tell you the (very) few things I don't like about this time of year:



Lenox Mall

Traffic

My tv shows going on break til January

Eggnog

Fruitcake (I tried some the other day, and am pretty sure I threw up in my mouth a little bit.)

No comments: