I have a big announcement to make today, guys. And no, it doesn’t involve an ultrasound, a big sister t-shirt, or any “bump ahead”/”bun in the oven” jokes.
(Just need to put that out there, since I know that's where your minds went. Admit it.)
2. I am borderline obsessive about purging junk from our house, and the closet is my specialty. When I was pregnant with AG and went through the “nesting” phase, I never actually came out of it. I feel that I should use my insane organization compulsion for the greater good, and not for, say, getting rid of John’s stuff simply because it’s been scattered across the closet floor for the last 3 months.
You know. Hypothetically.
3. Perhaps I can now turn my love of clothes and shopping into something other than a reason to A) get in fights with my husband, or B) hear the phrase “now, WHY did you need that again?"
4. This will probably be the push I need to dress like, oh I don’t know, a responsible adult, instead of wearing gym clothes all day, every day. Don’t hate, people. I actually have some really cute outfits. But would YOU rather run up and down your driveway 10 times in a row just because your toddler thinks it’s fun, while wearing heels or while wearing tennis shoes? Exactly. Either way, I’m excited to join the ranks of Women In Real Clothes everywhere.
Although I may need lessons on running in heels.
- Wardrobe Consultation 3 hour consult, after which you will walk away with tons of new outfit options from pieces you already own. Husbands REALLY like this.
- Personal Shopping We’ll hit up the mall, Starbucks in hand, and visit stores you like, that are within your budget. I’ll be the shopping buddy you always wanted, and will tell you the HONEST truth about whether you should purchase those camouflage hammer pants. (I'm just kidding. I'd never actually let you get near any camouflage hammer pants.)
- Virtual Styling Styling Consultation via Skype--Even though I know I look like a total goober on Skype, I’m game if you are!
- Custom Packages Styling for a special event, packing for a trip, or picking out some killer outfits for your high school reunion. You know....the one your ex-boyfriend is also attending. Things like that.
Awesome! So how can I help support you, Sherri?
Aw, you’re so sweet. Spread the word! And listen, I know you guys would do this because you are all kind and awesome, but here’s some extra incentive: For each new client you send my way, I will send you a $50 Amex gift card!
Oh yeah. Now you’re talking. Anything else you want to tell us?
Yep. You know it. I’m offering a deal exclusively for new clients who schedule an appointment between now and December 31st, 2012 :
- Introductory Special: $195 for a Wardrobe Consult (regularly $295) through December 31st. My shopping services are also discounted to $50/hour (regularly $100/hour) for this limited time. Tell your husbands to book a session as a Christmas gift! Or buy a gift card for your mom/mother-in-law. Edit has plenty of male clients as well, so don’t leave the men in your life out! *The special price applies to all services scheduled before the end of the year; they can be redeemed at a later date.
But, Sherri, what if we’re a little nervous? I mean, we’ve seen you at the park, and we know you wear spandex. Not to mention, you apparently think cowboy boots can be worn with almost anything. How do we know that we can trust your fashion judgement?
Ruthless, I tell ya.
Mark your calendars and be sure to check it out on the Edit blog tomorrow. I’ll be posting outfits to Instagram and Twitter (@sherridickens), so make sure you follow me on those sites as well. And while you're at it, you should definitely follow Edit By Lauren on Facebook and Twitter. Definitely.
Wow, Sherri, you're getting kinda bossy.
I know, I know. Sorry about that! But it's for your own good. You'll thank me later.
Well, I have been writing your questions for you.