Do you have one of those friends who always, always, always looks super cute and put together? You know, the kind of girl that basically every time you see her, you're all, "I want to look just like that!"
(Which hopefully you yelled in your head, and not out loud while drooling over her boots.)
I have a friend like this, and her name is Lauren. And fortunately for me, she actually has her own wardrobe consulting and personal shopping business, Edit by Lauren. (Not to mention, a super fabulous style blog that's on my daily must-read list.)
(Did I mention that she also had twins 9 months ago, and still hasn't succumbed to any kind of "mom uniform?")
(Unless that mom uniform is an adorable dress, cute jewelry, and fun wedges.)
(In which case, sign me up.)
Last week, I had Lauren come "Edit" my closet. And let me start off by saying, I consider myself a fairly good purger of junk. (I am also quite good at collecting it, but that's another story.) So, honestly, I didn't know how much "editing" we would really be able to do.
Well, we did A LOT. And y'all? It. Was. Amazing. So amazing, that I knew I had to blog about it.
So, in no specific order, here are the Top Five Reasons to Schedule an Appointment with Edit (As SOON as You Possibly Can.)
1. Lauren will help you figure out your style goals. Mine included things like: "I want to quit wearing gym clothes all day, every day." Or, "Help me figure out how to wear rolled up boyfriend jeans without looking like a total weirdo."
2. Hanging out with Lauren is like hanging out with a really fun girlfriend. You know, one who has exceptional style, and isn't afraid to say things like, "I'm sure this short-sleeved jacket with the fur collar was awesome when you got it......but, maybe not so much now."
(Definitely not so much now. Or probably ever.)
3. She will help you decide what to give away, consign, or have tailored. It's just like that Tim Gunn show that I used to love, except I like Lauren even better than Tim Gunn. Which is saying a lot, because Tim Gunn is pretty darn likable.
4. Lauren helped me pull some new outfits together using the clothes that I had. Did you hear that, ladies? In about 2 seconds flat, I had at least 5 new outfits, using items I already owned. (Which is when John became a huge fan of the editing experience.) Long vest that you're not really sure how to wear? No problem. You'll have 3 new ways to wear it within seconds. Literally.
5. Lauren helped me identify the "holes" in my wardrobe. For example, having about 437 different kinds of boots, but no solid cardigans apparently isn't the best style strategy.
(Okay, fine. I lied. I have a few more reasons to add to the list. But isn't a top EIGHT list even better than a top 5? Obviously.)
6. Edit offers all kinds of fun services--wardrobe consultation, personal shopping, makeup consultation, and even an "edit" your packing experience. I may or may not need to try them all....especially the packing one, since I am generally known for having the heaviest suitcase in any given traveling situation.
7. After your wardrobe consultation, you'll receive a Style File, which basically includes your new outfit options, wardrobe needs (along with specific suggestions and links), and some really fun styling tips. It's like reading an issue of In Style, that's been tailored specifically for you.
Um, yes, please.
8. And here's the biggest reason of all: Lauren is offering one of you a $100 gift certificate to use toward ANY of Edit's services! Woo hoo! All you have to do to enter this giveaway is leave a comment telling me about your favorite item of clothing. Cute, comfy, whatever--what do you love most in your closet?
Even if it IS a short-sleeved, fur-lined jacket. I won't tell.
8 hours ago