Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Brownies, Pinkeye, and Toddlers in Tiaras

What is it about a certain week during every month that makes me want to eat all the chocolate I can get my hands on?


(Including 2 brownies, right before going to work out, no less.)

(WHY do I think this is okay?!)

(Um, I don't.  But somehow I manage to do it anyway.)


So, last week was crazy, folks. For realz. AG, John, and I went to Panama City with my parents. And as per usual, I did not post my whereabouts on the blog, because I’m a paranoid psycho careful like that.

Btw, do you know when it’s really fun to go to Panama City?
NOT when it’s Spring Break.


And (while we’re on the subject) do you know what’s really fun about Spring Break?
NOT being called “ma’am” in the elevator by some high school girl.


Finally, do you know where it’s super fun to have pinkeye?
NOT AT THE BEACH.

Now, I’m not sure how many of you have ever had pinkeye, but let me tell you the worst part about it:

(Besides the part where no one wants to hug you and people avoid you like the plague because they don’t want to get it)

NOT WEARING CONTACTS.

And guess where it’s fun to wear your glasses constantly? Again, NOT AT THE BEACH. Or anywhere, for that matter.

(Although I may have started a super stylish fashion trend by wearing my sunglasses on TOP of my real glasses, while laying out.)

(NO.)

We had a great time, although AG still hates the sand. Which actually worked in my favor for getting her to stay on the blanket while mommy got her tan on.


In other news from last week, Ally Grace officially booked her first modeling job! It’s kind of a random story.

(Then again, what else is new around here?)

My friend Jessica’s dad works for a company that manufactures baby products. They were doing a casting call, so Jessica told me to submit some pics of AG. Unfortunately, the most recent pictures I have of her include the many masterpieces that I have taken on my iphone, and then posted on this blog. Oh well.

I sent a few in, and then promptly forgot all about it. A few weeks later, I get this rather urgent text and voicemail from the casting director, asking me to PLEASE bring AG in for a test shoot the next day. I’m all, okay, I guess we can. We’re not really doing anything else tomorrow morning. Should be fun.

(Or frightening, in the way of Toddlers and Tiaras.  We shall see.)

The next day, my friend Kristin and I head to the test shoot. We walk in, and immediately are faced with a kind of scary intense mom.

Scary Stage Mom: Oh, what has your daughter been featured on?


Me: Um, my iphone, her grandmother’s fridge, and my facebook page.


Scary Stage Mom: Well, MY SON has been on six boxes AND the website for such and such. He’s a total pro. And your little girl better back OFF b/c he’s got this locked DOWN.

(Okay, maybe I made that last part up, but she totally said it with her eyes.)

The other moms were busy gelling and moussing their kids hair, while I looked in the diaper bag for the hairbrush that, oh yeah, we DON’T HAVE. I got my mom-spit on and made the best of it.

Later, as we were playing with AG and waiting our turn, she runs over to Scary Stage Mom. Now, I’m NOT SAYING SHE TRIPPED HER, but somehow AG lands on the floor.

And starts bawling.


And then they call our name.


Of course.


Somehow, she calms down between the waiting room and the photo shoot, and manages to be all cute little smiles. Later that day, we got a call that she was booked for the actual product shoot on the following Monday. Which basically ended up being kind of like playgroup, except with a baby hairstylist and cameras.

(Never mind, our playgroup totally has cameras.)


Here’s a photo of AG’s baby French twist….I think these are going to be all the rage this summer:

Enjoy it now, girl, because after being in PCB for Spring Break, you're never allowed to go to Prom. Or date.  Or even talk to boys in general.

I'm sure you'll be very popular in high school.
Here's the front view.  Just chillin in her white and khaki.

Okay, this has nothing to do with my story, but I just loved her outfit so much that I secretly wanted a grown-up version for myself.

Happy Tuesday!! (It IS Tuesday, right?)

No comments: