Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, John!

First, thank you all so much for your support of my work blog!  I felt so special, and I really do get super-dorktastic-ly excited every time one of you leaves a comment.  Kind of like this:

Me:  John!  John!  So-and-so just left a comment on my blog!  They said---

John:  Wait.  Do you actually know this person?

Me:  Um, well, I mean, I read their blog and I know that she has a husband, a dog, and her favorite color is pink. 

John:  (Under his breath) Creeper. 

He is slightly to very weirded out by all this blogging stuff, but he IS THIRTY-THREE today, so he's in a much older generation.  I guess it's understandable.

(Two years DOES equal a different generation, right?  Clearly I'm so young compared to him.  Even though he can kick my tail in sprints.  And may or may not know the lyrics to more rap songs than I do.  And be generally cooler than me.)

Since I'm pretty sure I can't top last year's birthday list, let me just say this:

Happy Birthday, babe!  I literally can't even put  into words how much I love you, and I'm pretty sure all my blog readers would vomit on their keyboards if I tried.  So, just know that it's much more than any description I could come up with.  I can't wait to celebrate with you.  You make 33 look like the new 25.

(Also, please don't get mad when I give you your present.  It's awesome, and I know you'll want me to take it back and get you something super boring like dress socks, but I'm sorry.  I can't do it.)

(Also, I'm actually 3 years younger than you.  For the next 3 months.  And you'd better believe I'm gonna milk that for all it's worth.  Enjoy).

(That is all.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BJP! 

(Nope.  Still too embarrassing to explain.  We'll just leave it at that.)

No comments: