I'm clearly not in labor yet, and I'm thinking that maybe I've made Ally Grace a little too comfortable in there. I've tried bribing her with candy, presents, clothes....all of which would work for me, but nope.....nothing.
I did find myself rashly making banana bread today, which is something I do often. Except not at all. I thought to myself, oh, maybe this is that crazy nesting thing you do right before you give birth......except that's RIGHT, I've had a little bit of crazy going on the whole time.
(Btw, John is threatening to make me skip up and down our street to try to jiggle her out, but I had to tell him that's not exactly how it works. And if it DID work, I would have a completely horrifying birth story, on par with the ones you see on I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. So, no. Not happening.)
Also, the word "jiggle" is kind of completely horrifying.
Last night, we decided to take advantage of the AWESOME fall weather and build a fire.....and what goes better with a fire than SMORES???? Definitely in my top 5 favorite foods. We had 3 different kinds: the Original Smore (if you don't know what this is, we have a serious problem),the "Symphony Smore" (substitute a Symphony Bar w/ toffee chips for the regular Hershey's milk chocolate), and the "Most Fabulous Smore of All Time" (using a TWIX bar instead of the boring milk chocolate one....is this not the greatest idea ever? Thank you, thank you, totally made that one up myself).
Here we are, about to s'more it up. Ew.
John and Jamey, gettin' their s'more on. And yes, I promise I won't ever say that again.
Finally, a list to sum up the rest of my random day:
1. Why are crock-pots such a nightmare to clean up? They're totally all "I'm a crock-pot, and it'll be so easy to make dinner if you use me," and then they kill you on the back end, when you are relentlessly scrubbing away at piles of caked on mess.
2. Leggings=a pregnant girls best friend. Especially a pregnant girl who wants to live in sweatpants at all times.
3. Also, if you're going to wear leggings, PLEASE make sure your shirt covers your rear end. Seriously. Not a good look on ANYONE if it doesn't.
4. Pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks=heaven.
5. I am BEYOND excited about Jim and Pam's wedding on The Office! I have only been waiting 4 and a half years for this. http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/30/video-behind-the-scenes-of-the-office-wedding/
Hopefully my next blog post will involve a BABY! If anyone has any great tips for bringing on labor, send them my way!