Thursday, July 16, 2009

I might have an addiction.....

I mean, is it a problem if all I eat (or want to eat) all day long is cereal? I've pretty much always loved a bowl of cereal for breakfast, but now it's not limited to any particular time of day. Plus, the amount of milk I'm going through is out of control. Seriously. We went to the grocery store the other day and bought SIX big boxes of cereal.....and they are almost gone now! What in the world? I've managed to stay away from the Lucky Charms since my last little episode with those, and John was blocking my attempts to sneak some Reese's Puffs into the cart, so we ended up with Multi-Grain cheerios (2 boxes), Cinnamon Life (should've gotten multiple boxes, because I forgot how good it was), Raisin Bran, Fiber One w/ Honey Clusters (the honey clusters are crucial to making this one edible), and Honey Nut Cheerios. And a partridge in a pear tree. Okay, actually Kroger was out of those. But I'll bet you've never read a blog about cereal, right?

So we had our Baby Essentials class last weekend, and it was quite the experience. I actually enjoyed it, despite the fact that we had to hold a baby doll throughout the class so that we could "get used to it." I was also highly entertained by the guy who kept burping out loud during the "How to Burp the Baby" section (and no, it wasn't John!). I couldn't figure out if it was a total coincidence, or if he was trying to get his wife to practice her burping skills on him. Hmmmm..... John actually managed to look cute holding a fake baby, so I can't wait to see him holding his little girl!

This week, we've been doing Buckhead Church's Great Date Experiment. We're on date #4, and can I just say that I LOVE that our church does something like this for it's married couples? We've had so much fun on these dates, and this one involved 5 days of build-up to the actual date (which for us is tonight!). We were given little tasks to choose from each day to do for each other, based on your spouse's personality. It's too hard to really explain the whole thing, but some highlights were: John taking me shopping (w/ no complaining or rushing), me planning a "guys day" for John and a friend to go play golf and do whatever guys do, leaving sweet notes for each other in random places.....you get the idea! I love my husband and I love surprises, so it's been a REALLY fun week.

Next update, I MIGHT actually have some new nursery pictures......we just got our crib, and the curtains are being installed today. 11 weeks and counting.....

No comments: