Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up....Yes, on a Wednesday. (I am a procrastinator).

I know, I know, it's Wednesday, and I am terrible about updating this thing! I had all these good intentions of posting after a fun weekend at my parents house, but then I got wrapped up in some really crucial activities early in the week......you know, the Bachelorette finale and the After the Final Rose special. It truly was the MOST DRAMATIC finale in Bachelorette history, and after it was over, I was tasked with reading blogs about it, and venting about why in the world Jillian would choose a guy that wears a mankini, instead of Reid?!


ANNNYYYYWAY......I did have a great weekend relaxing with my parents up in Habersham. I got to spend lots of time in their pool, and I didn't have to subject any innocent eyes to my pregnant self in a bikini. Well, Jackson saw it, but I don't think he was too bothered......he was mainly concerned with whether I would continue throwing the noodle into the pool for him to fetch. I have some great pictures of Mr. Puppy-pants swimming (omg, did I really just write that....yes, yes I did--as long as I'm being embarrassing, you may also hear me call him Pupples or Mr. Velvet Ears. And now I will stop myself from typing.). Seriously, I'll try to post some photos later....he was too cute!


On Monday, John got back from a TEN DAY mission trip to the country of Moldova.....he took some of our high school students from Buckhead Church, and they had an amazing time! You can check out their blog (Moldova '09) under the Blogs I Follow section. Let me just tell you, 10 days is the longest we have ever been apart (by about a week), and it was tough. I really, really missed him, and can't even explain how excited I was to get him back home on Monday!


We immediately went to Mary Mac's, so he could stuff himself full of good, 'ol Southern food. Somehow, they didn't really have much of that in Moldova. Hmmmmmm.......


This week's a busy week in real estate for me, plus we're plugging away on that nursery....I promise to post some pictures SOON. I may just have to move into baby girl's room, since it will officially be the cutest room in our house.


By the way, have you ever noticed how some pregnant girls have a beach ball tummy, and others have a torpedo-style watermelon? I am pretty sure I'm starting to torpedo, which is hilarious! I will get John to take a picture of the tummy tonight, so you can see for yourselves. I did have a doctor's appointment this week, and everything's looking great....good heartbeat, good measurements, lots of weight gain.....no, seriously, I've now graduated to a whole new section of the scale at the dr's office. Good times.


My friend Jenny posted this survey on her blog today, and since I am a) procrastinating on my to-d0 list, and b) a big copycat, I will do the survey too:

1. What is your salad dressing of choice? Um, when I actually eat salad, it's probably something fatty like Ranch....I know I'm SUPPOSED to say balsamic vinigarette, but I just can't do it.

2. What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it? Cereal, cupcakes, & marshmallows. Oh, and marshmallow fluff. Yes, I did say the marshmallow fluff.

3. What do you like to put on your toast? Butter & honey

4. How many televisions are in your house? Sadly, just one. I am pushing for one in our bedroom, because watching tv in bed makes me feel like I'm staying in a hotel. : )

5. What color cell phone do you have? Gray....boring.

6. Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right

7. What is the last heavy item you lifted? My body out of bed this morning. No, seriously, weights during my workout with Kristi (best trainer ever!) yesterday. She's tough!

8. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Shadynasty (Sha-dynasty, not shady nasty. About 2 of you know why this is funny).

9. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? Doubtful, as it would probably lead to premature labor or the worst case of heartburn known to mankind.

10. Last person you talked to? My insanely good-looking husband.

11. Last person you hugged? Ditto number 10

12. Favorite Season? FALL! Too many reasons to name, but a few include our anniversary, baby D's arrival, GA football!, awesome weather, gorgeous leaves, best time ever to run outside.

13. Day of the week? Friday or Saturday (unless I have to work).

14. First place you went this morning? I'm pregnant, where do you think I went first this morning?

15. What's the last movie you saw? The Proposal...hilarious!

16. Do you smile often? Definitely.

17. Do you always answer your phone? I plead the fifth.

18. If you could change your eye color what would it be? John's color (blue, but the prettiest blue I've ever seen....sorry, babe, I meant the manliest blue I've ever seen).

19. What flavor drink do you get at Sonic? Honestly, I don't know if I've ever been to a Sonic?

20. Do you own a digital camera? Wait, this is 2009.....is this question for real?

21. Have you ever had a pet fish? Nope. I'm a dog person all the way!

22. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night

23. What's on your wish list for your birthday? John, are you reading this? :) Um, probably anything I wouldn't buy for myself right now--a new digital camera, anything involving a massage, clothes, jewelry.....girly stuff, I guess?

24. Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Very excited, sometimes a little nervous.

25. Ever been in a car wreck? Unfortunately.

26. Do you have an accent? Sure do. It used to be out of control southern, but has probably faded a little over time. Words that'll bring it out: July, ice cream, pill.

27. Plans tonight? Dinner with John and his mom?

28. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? Nothing! Did you hear that, John? I didn't buy ANYTHING! Yay for me.

29. Have you ever been given roses? Absolutely....my sweet husband sends me roses when there's not even a reason.....yes, I'm totally bragging. I love them, and I REALLY love him! Quit gagging now, readers.

30. How did you ring in the New Year? Same answer as Jenny's: Bud and Alley's in Seaside with friends.

31. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Watching What Not to Wear with John's mom, and reading People magazine. I know, I'm really deep.

32. What was the first thing you thought when you woke up? I love kissing John goodbye even though I'm still half-asleep.....and, oh, I have to pee.

We totally bonded while you were learning more about me, didn't we? I feel much closer to you already. Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: