Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Biting the Bullet

Well, it's been six weeks y'all.  Fall has been kicking. my. tail.  Every time I start to sit down and write a post, I remember how long it's been since I've actually done one.  Which leads me to my fallback method of dealing with life....Procrastinating and procrastinating, and then procrastinating some more. 

(Or perhaps it's just sitting on the couch and watching tivoed Hart of Dixie episodes to cope with the stress.)

(Which has worked fairly well, up until now).

But now I am feeling guilty.  Because I know that all two of my readers are perhaps occasionally wondering where I am.  Or not.  Either way, I am biting the bullet.  Let's DO THIS.  Time for Fall Recap 2011. 

(It can't be any harder than Christmas Present Wrapping 2011).

When I last posted, I think we were at the beach celebrating our seventh anniversary.  Which you didn't know, because I'm paranoid crafty and didn't want Internet creepers to know we weren't at home. 

We went to Rosemary Beach for a week, in October, which has GOT to be the best time of year to head to the beach.  Except when you're nauseous for the entire first three days, thereby immediately convincing yourself that you're pregnant, and HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING TO DEAL WITH 6 STRAIGHT WEEKS OF CONSTANT NAUSEA?!?!?!  DURING THE HOLIDAYS!?!?!  I NEED A PREGNANCY TEST IMMEDIATELY!!!

Oh, what's that?  It's negative? 

Indeed it was. 


So, the beach was fantastic, and as per usual, I failed on the photo documentation aspect.  Maybe because our camera has been shoved somewhere down near the bottom of our diaper bag.  I think.  Anyway, here's our ONE "Let's Hold Out the Phone, Try Not to Shake It, and Hope for the Best" picture:

You know, it makes total sense that, of all the pretty backgrounds down at Rosemary Beach (namely, um, THE BEACH), we would choose the inside of the place we rented.  Obviously.


Before we left for the beach, we had a tiny birthday party for "our little pumpkin's" 2nd birthday.....


Cheesy? Yes. 
Easy to find 1/2 price fall decorations at Hobby Lobby? Why, yes. 
A good excuse to have my favorite cupcakes in the world from Little Cake Bakery?  Oh heck yes.
I feel that AG looks slightly unappreciative of the fact that she can totally rock a tutu and some boots.  Don't think I wouldn't try it myself, if I thought I could get away with it. 

And yes.  Yes, that IS the same shirt in all four pictures.  I know.  I totally need a fashion intervention, due to my tendency to, ahem, recycle my worn outfits all week long.  But guess what?  I'm totally re-wearing an outfit for the THIRD day in a row tonight at a Christmas party. 

Take that, Stacy and Clinton.

(Actually, come to my house and surprise me with a $5,000 gift card.....please?!?)


Okay, moving on to Halloween.  If you're still reading, I totally appreciate your willingness to be in this for the long haul.

I love how AG's all, "Hey! There's a giraffe sitting next to me!"

Unfortunately, when I brought out the "Eat Mor Chikin" sign, she freaked.  "NO, Mommy, I NO WEAR DAT NECKLACE!!!"

Diva. 

She did however agree to hold it for the pictures, after letting me know that next year, her contract would clearly stipulate no necklaces.




We capped off October with a trip to the Varsity.  Because, well, who doesn't love a chili dog and a funny hat?

Exactly.


So, yeah.  Not even into November yet. Don't worry, I'm gonna save that one for later. 

(And by "later," I do not mean mid-January.  I promise.) 

(Maybe.)

No comments: