Monday, October 25, 2010

First Birthday, Martha-Style

First of all, I would like to let you all know that AG is experiencing her first stomach bug. Which means I am experiencing my first showdown with baby vomit. And it's kicking my butt.


Obviously, I deserve a little treat, so I'm sitting here blogging and watching Vampire Diaries.


And obviously, I am very mature.


Anyway, even though AG's first birthday is way over (I mean, she's practically almost 2 by now), I wanted to make sure I posted some pictures of her first birthday party.


(At least it's still her birthday month, am I right, people?)


Disclaimer: What you will see in the following photos is in no way a true representation of my Martha-skillz. It is, instead, a representation of fantastic family and friends who made food, helped me decorate, shared cake-lady numbers with me, and just generally made the party awesome.


It is also a representation of several stressful hours in Hobby Lobby, also known as my idea of a nightmare.


AG can never doubt my love for her after this.


If you think you've seen this before, you have. I saw it on Kelly's Korner  for Harper's birthday, and just had to re-create it. Unfortunately, that meant sounding like a major creeper when explaining to John that this idea came from a girl whose blog I stalk.



I went temporarily insane and decided that these tissue paper balls were a good idea.

Unfortunately, I'm not good (or terrible) at making them.

Thankfully, Sara took over so I could quit accidentally ripping this poor, defenseless tissue paper into a gazillion pieces.


Here's our sassy little star of the day!


If I could get away with pretending I made this myself, don't think I wouldn't do it.
But those of you who know me would know that to be impossible, so I guess I'll be honest.



All of AG's grandparents got in on the birthday action.


 

Quite a few of AG's "not actually related, but will spoil her rotten" aunts were able to be there.




Btw, do not ask what I'm wearing. I realized after planning a Georgia themed birthday party, that I apparently no longer wear red and black.

(I bleed it though).

(I'm officially out for that).


Anyway, when John saw my outfit, he was like, um, isn't this supposed to be a tailgate party? Wear something you would actually wear to a game.


And then, I was like, sweetie, I would totally have worn this to a game. Did they even have football at Furman?

(Aw, snap.)


We finally gave AG her cake....and we took this really great video of the moment. Unfortunately, I have now unsuccessfully tried to upload it about 37 times, and am so irritated that I’m giving it up.  Because I really don't want to be forced to throw my computer out the window.

(Although then maybe I could get a mac.....hmmmmmmm.)

I'll pray for some patience and try again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous party! Gorgeous birthday girl! AND gorgeous mama!!

you did a FABULOUS job and your home is beautiful - love the window seat - ya know, cause I'm stalking your pictures like that =)

Melanie said...

YAY!!! Looks like a great time! The little bday cute looks SO sweet! I hope she had a great time!

You look gorgeous and your home is absolutely beautiful!

Hope you have a great week!!!
Mel

Kat said...

You are too funny! Yes, I blog stalk you :) Creepy, huh?

Jen Watts said...

The Georgia theme is too cute..even though they pummeled my poor cats last weekend :(

You guys are such a cute little family...and your home is beautiful! Great job momma!

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

I blog stalk you too- because Sherri- you have some serious stand-up comic potential. Not even joking. Happy almost 2nd birthday to your girl!