Thursday, August 11, 2011

This Month.....

....has been really bad, y'all.  And I'm not gonna lie, I've had a really awful attitude about it.  Without going into too much boring detail, I hurt my back pretty badly.  And the really funny part is that I'm not even sure how I did it.

(Although constantly carrying around a 26 pound toddler probably didn't help.)

So, in light of my current situation, here's a short list for you.

Reasons it Stinks to Lay Flat on Your Back All Day:

1.  When your little presh comes running up to you, wanting to be held, you can't do it.  Or you can try, and look like an 80-year old hunchback in the process. 


She is totally worth every moment of hunched-over-ness. 
Also, please note that the baby mullet finally grew into some sweet pigtails!

2.  You will inevitably cry during tivoed episodes of Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition. And the Bachelorette.  And maybe, possibly, ONLY HYPOTHETICALLY, Bachelor Pad 2.

(Why, yes.  They were tears of embarrassment.  For everyone on that show.)

3.  I'm one of those weirdos who actually likes to workout.  And I'm fairly positive that it replaces my probable need for a therapist when it comes to stress relief.  So guess what you can't do when your back is hurt? 

Anything involving a workout. 

(Which means Crazy Sherri may have just made an appearance.  John, get excited.)

Disclaimer:  I know that I'm being overly dramatic.  (If you've read this for any amount of time, you probably shouldn't be too surprised.)  And I KNOW that there are SO many worse things that people are going through.  So, I'm going to take my cortisone shot, my prescription for physical therapy, and I'm going to SUCK. IT. UP. 

While watching episodes of Bachelor Pad, of course.

4 comments:

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

So I saw on the feeder that you had posted. And I was all ready to tell you that I had 10 people wanting you to sell their houses but refused to refer them because you haven't posted. I would play hard-ball to get my most funny blogger/pi-friend to post. Annnd now I feel a little like a jerk. My dad has had chronic back pain and there is really nothing like it. I don't know anyone who has dealt with it who hasn't had some level of depression (for obvious reasons). Anywho- so in the event that I do find 10 people who want to sell their houses, I will refer them. In the meantime, I will pray for you (and for John).

and for the love, stop watching that junk. I cringe. oh. and you are bat-junk crazy for liking to exercise. looooneeeeyyy.

kristymasterson said...

Sherri- I hate that for you. Aw-ful! I threw out my back when Josie was little. It was rough. Let me know what I can do to help! Does AG want to play with us one day?

Melanie said...

Oh noooo!!! I'm so sorry to hear that! I was hoping you were just on a fun, exotic vacation! :) I heard that there were burglers planning a break-in at your house because of the 'no posting' month... ;) You threw them a curve ball this time! HAHAHAHA!

Wish I was closer! I would come bring you some junk food and we could watch Bachelor Pad together. Yes, I'm addicted too... It's like a train wreck. I can't look away!

Hugs!
Melanie

carolineo said...

Hypothetically...someone I know might have shed a tear while "Coco" was delivering her sister's baby on "Ice loves Coco". You might be eating lunch with her this week.