Friday, September 2, 2011

AG's First Haircut

Looking back, I realized that I forgot to blog about a super momentous occasion in AG's life. 

What's that, you ask?  Oh, just her first haircut.  Where she got LAYERS.  And some hair product to "bring out her curls."  She may as well have gotten highlights, and a makeover.  Since she's practically a teenager and all.

Personally, I suffer from "haircut anxiety."  If you ever had a bad, mushroom head-ish haircut in your youth, you totally get what I'm talking about.  You know.  The kind that may or may not have made you call your parents crying, causing them to drive down to Athens, take you to dinner, and reassure you that "it really doesn't look that bad," and "of course you look just like Rachel from Friends." 

And then, "Wait, we thought you didn't watch that kind of smut?" 

Oops.

So, anyway, we arrived at Pigtails and Crewcuts, at about 11am on a Saturday morning.

Mistake number one. 

It was like a playgroup on steroids, with kids you don't know, and toys that have been touched by half the free world.  I fought the urge to grab some Purell and just squirt it willy-nilly all over the room.

(Okay, no I didn't.  I'm not a germ-freak.  At all.  Which totally could be why we've been to the doctor about 97 times in the past year.)

Anyway......We finally get called, and Ally Grace gets to take her turn in the chair. 

Which was shaped like an airplane.  And was right next to the police car. 

(Which sadly doesn't fit an adult, in case you were wondering.)

The stylist was fabulous, and I have literally never seen someone move so fast.  Cutting toddler hair should probably be an olympic sport, honestly.  And AG was just entranced by some cartoon they had on, barely even noticing that her sweet baby mullet was getting chopped. 


That's some serious "party in the back," my friends.


Oh, baby mullet  We will miss you. 

(NO.)


A little curious George is all it takes.



The finished product.  Mullet-free and proud of it.

They gave us an actual "first haircut" certificate, along with a tiny bag of baby hair.  Which is probably a super sweet and memorable keepsake, that most moms keep forever.  I scanned it so you could see:


(I'm not gonna lie, the bag of hair kinda makes me want to barf.)

(In a sweet, memorable way, of course.)


No comments: