Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Why Does Everything Random Happen at the Park?

The following takes place between 10:00am and 11:00am......
(With my cousin, Whitney, at the neighborhood park.)

(Jack Bauer was not present, but it would've been totally awesome if he was.)

Ally Grace:  I'm cooking, I'm cooking....Hey, Man!  Look at me, Man!

Nice Grandfather Innocently Watching His Grandson Play Nearby:  Who?  Me? 

Ally Grace:  Talk to me, Man!

Nice Grandfather:  How old is she?!

Seriously.

I'm thinking we should possibly teach AG a few life lessons here.....namely, that she shouldn't demand that random strangers talk to her.  Perhaps that it's rude to yell "hey, Man!" at random men.

(And also, that it's rude to yell "hey, girl!" at any man.)

(They tend not to like to be called "girl.")

(I may have learned this from experience, as John was not amused by my "hey, girl!" the other morning.)

No comments: