Thursday, March 8, 2012

Using Pinterest for Good And Not For Evil

If you've been here for any amount of time, you may have realized that I'm not the biggest fan of cooking.
And by "not the biggest fan," I mean that I would literally pay someone cash money to be my private chef.

Except that A) my husband would completely freak out,  B) we don't actually have the kind of cash money I'm sure it requires (I've heard private chefs enjoy being paid.  But if you know one who would do it for free, send them my way), and C) who says "cash money" these days?

(Me. I say it.)

Let me be totally honest, it's not just the cooking that I don't really enjoy.  It's also the meal-prepping, the grocery shopping, and the cleaning up after that I could do without.

After Ally Grace's two-year appointment with our much-loved pediatrician, I decided to get serious about this cooking thing.  Mainly because, upon his discovery of how much we eat out, he basically shamed me into wanting to cook more. It went a little something like this:

Dr. Pip:  So, how is Ally Grace eating these days?

Me:  Oh, great!  She'll eat pretty much anything at any of the restaurants we go to.

Dr. Pip:   O-kay.  And exactly how often are you eating out?

Me:  "Oh, um......I don't know......a few times (mumble, mumble, I really hope he can't hear me) a week. Or so."

Dr. Pip:   "SHERRI! You need to eat at home more!"

Me:  "John totally paid you to say that, didn't he?"

Shortly after, I signed up for a service called E-Meals.  It's a meal-planning service that sends you seven days of easy meals, and a full grocery list each week.  You can choose your meal-plan by grocery store, and the menu is based on the sale items for that week.

Combined with my beloved Publix Curbside shopping, I was in meal-planning and grocery shopping heaven.

(Until Publix Curbside shut down, as my weekly trips unfortunately weren't enough to sustain their business.  Sadly, we are no longer able to drive up, have the guys be like, "Hey Sherri, here's a cookie for you and Ally Grace. Let us load your groceries now.")

(Although if you think AG doesn't just expect the good people at Publix to give her cookies anytime we go there, you would be mistaken.)

Recently, it occurred to me that I could also use my Pinterest addiction for meal-planning, and not for, say, buying things I don't need off of etsy.

Which is just an example.

I promise I don't do that.

Much.

Anyway, here are a few of the fabulous pinterest-y meals we've had lately:

This was ridiculously good.  And ridiculously easy.  Like, crock-pot easy.
Win-win.
Or, if you're Courtney on the Bachelor, "winning."
I'm out for that.

You can find the recipe here.







Stop it.  Just stop it right now.  This was so delicious that I maybe perhaps tried to eat the whole pot.
By myself.

It's another crock pot extravaganza.

You're welcome.



(Guess what folks? I just learned how to embed a picture from Pinterest on my blog!  Aren't you proud of me?)






Oh, what's this?  Just a tiny bit of chocolate-y heaven, that's what. 
And if you think most of my recipe pins aren't desserts, you would be wrong.



Do you have any recent Pinterest-y finds?  Or even just favorite recipes? I'd love to hear about them.  John, Ally Grace, and probably even Dr. Pip, will thank you.

1 comment:

Cooper Family said...

Love it! I'm the best at pinning lots of food items but I never go back and make them. However I'm going to make those chocolates/peanut butter goodies soon. Thanks for reminding me that I had pinned them :)