Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Human Petri Dish and More NYC

In case you were wondering, having a baby is like inviting a giant petri dish of germs into your household. (A really adorable giant petri dish.)  I'm just starting to recover from my SECOND round of nasty cough/hacking up a lung while cracking a rib in the last month.  It's been SO enjoyable.  Or not. 

(To be fair, I don't actually think that I got this from AG.  I think I got it from this lady on the plane who refused to cover her mouth while coughing.  Um, rude and gross.  And I've been trying my best to keep from passing it to AG, but my doctor's suggestion of wearing a face mask while interacting with her is, in my opinion, a dead giveaway that he doesn't have kids.  Because, hello?  That big white face mask is like a fun new toy for my curious little bambina. Which may or may not defeat the purpose.)

So, last week, John and I were in New York, aka one of my very favorite places in the world.  He had to go for work, and he just really needed me to tag along and enjoy the free hotel room.

We arrived on Wednesday around lunch, and he didn't have work until Thursday.  So, what did we do?  Went shopping, of course!  Someone, whose name starts with a "J' and ends with an "ohn," bought TWO things, while someone else, whose name starts with a "S" and ends with a "herri," was super frugal and bought nothing. 

(Notice how I am recording this moment for posterity, girls.) 


We had lots of fun riding the subway........


(I would like to point out that I was NOT the immature person who put a piece of gum on this model's face.  But I may or may not be the immature person who pretended to be picking her nose.  Soooooo..........)

Gorgeous lighting, am I right?  I love that sickly yellow glow.


Not even a clue what I was doing here.  Literally, I have no idea.  Obviously being very shy and reserved.


Mmmmm, pizza...........


The taxi rides may have been extremely horrifying slightly scary......


So, we were really glad to have these handy straps to hang on to.....


I would like to note that all of these photos were taken with John's iphone.  As he is the only one in our family who has one. And hey, wouldn't it be so sweet of him to get me one, since the NEW iphone just came out?  I thought so.

I WOULD upload some of the other photos from my camera, but I am A) unaware of where the USB cord is at the moment, and B) too lazy busy to go find it. 

A couple of other thoughts before I leave you to enjoy this 4th of July weekend...

1.  How in the world do people travel on airplanes with babies?  I am so intimidated by the thought of trying to get AG's 5,000 essential items onto a plane.  While NOT having a panic attack about flying in general. 

(We are not traveling anywhere this weekend, I was just curious. And random.)

2.  WHY oh WHY do jeans shrink in the wash?  I hate the first wear after a wash.  Anyone with me?


Enough random....happy 4th everyone!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry to hear you have been sick!!! Airplanes are the worst for germs! I was on a flight one time and the guy next to me takees out the hand-sanitizer and literally takes a BATH in it!!! Head, face, arms,... it was kind of freaky but I thought it wasn't a bad idea :)

Love your pics! Looks like fun! You and I must have the same sense of humor because you make me SNORT every time I read your posts.... and the model pic.. too funny!

Have a happy 4th!!!
Melanie

Bagwell's said...

I miss you so much and need you in my life. That's all. Next week......please!