Thursday, October 29, 2009

Is That a Baby In Your Pants?

NO joke, that was the title of the most recent episode of I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. Now, I'm no expert by any means, but after having been through childbirth, I am pretty positive that it's incredibly difficult to just have a baby FALL OUT INTO YOUR PANTS LEG. Which leads me to wonder several things:

A) What kind of pants was this person WEARING? I'm thinking trouser jeans, or some type of wide leg pant for this to occur. Certainly not skinny jeans....(btw, do NOT try to wear your skinny jeans 3 weeks after having a baby, no matter how much smaller you feel. Your self-esteem will take a hit, just trust me on this.)

B) I'm just a LITTLE curious about this woman's underwear choice. Or, should I say, lack thereof. Ew.

C) Are you kidding me that a baby could just fall out of someone? Hardly seems fair for the rest of us who had to take an active part in the process. I'm just sayin.

D) How many people actually thought that would be the title of my birth story? Although after being an avid viewer of IDKIWP (I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant....I'm so cool), I feel that I should have had an experience that would have been worthy of the show. Oh well. There's always next time.

Anyway, birth story is next, for real this time. I promise. No, seriously. It is. If I can even remember it in my new mommy delirium. In the meantime, here are a few things I've learned about Ally Grace during the last 3 weeks:

1. When she cries really hard, it makes her snort. And we laugh. Yes, we are mean.
2. She has more poopy diapers than I ever believed possible. I know you wanted to know that.
3. She definitely knows my voice, which is awesome!
4. She loves, loves her stroller. And I love getting outside in this awesome weather. Win-win. Win.
5. She likes for me to watch Arrested Development on Hulu while I feed her. Okay, really I just like to do that. But she would totally laugh if she knew how funny it was. And if she could actually laugh yet.
6. She HATES bathtime. Screams like a little gremlin baby. We just get in, and get out as fast as we can!
7. She likes to cry when we put her down for a nap.
8. She enjoys dirtying as many new diapers as she can. For example, she waits until she has a clean one, and then pees in it immediately. Then, we put her in another clean one and she poops. It's REALLY fun....for her.
9. She smiles alot.....and like every other mommy out there, I believe that she is actually smiling at me, instead of having gas. It's pretty adorable.
10. She hates the Baby Bjorn. It may or may not have something to do with our awkwardness when trying to get her in it.

No comments: