Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cupcakes, Plastic Bugs, and Pregnancy Fun

I am procrastinating. I have countless boxes to unpack, even though we have been in our new house now for almost 2 months, but somehow I have decided that writing a new post is more important....priorities, right?



This is going to be a random, because I keep thinking of different things to write about...bear with me, okay? Maybe my title should be "A Peek into Sherri's Disorganized Mind."



Anyway, this weekend we went to a shower for our good friend Ryan. He's marrying a great girl named Victoria, who I'm looking forward to getting to know better! Unfortunately, I (along with Jenny and Kristin, yes I'm calling you out) embarrassed myself during the present opening, because A) I had too many cupcakes, and therefore too much sugar, leading me to be....B) way too fascinated with the big plastic bugs that were part of the "Summer Picnic" theme. Then, C) was seen holding a beer (FOR MY HUSBAND, don't worry!) by everyone at the shower, and therefore became the pregnant girl drinking a beer. And finally, D) managed to look like I do nothing but eat bon-bons all day in every picture Jenny took.



Regardless, we had a great time, and I laughed so hard that I almost fell victim to one of the little dangers of pregnancy--peeing in my pants. (I said, ALMOST, people, don't worry!)



On a different note, this week I've experienced some new joys of pregnancy....and yes, "joys" might be a tad of an overstatement. On top of the list is the constant feeling of pressure underneath my ribcage. I'm not totally sure what Ally Grace is up to in there, but she's definitely making her presence known! I've been looking up those torture stretching machines on the internet, because I really think I need one. Any ideas?



The second-most fun thing I've been experiencing is the feeling of suffocating....because my ability to breathe is suddenly pretty limited. I know I still have a ways to go in the growth department, so I'm sure this only gets better....good times.



Finally, my favorite of all the pregnancy side effects is the constant heartburn. Nothing makes you feel more like a 95-year old than this one! This is an oldie but a goodie for me....I've had it most of the pregnancy, but let me just say, it is a really odd thing to get used to when you haven't experienced it a day in your non-pregnant life. Pepcid A/C is my friend, and we hang out almost every night.



Now, let me (really) tell you the good part about right now....feeling her move around in there all the time! She's gotten to be a strong little kicker, and it really is so fun....I get excited every time she starts thumping away. I personally think she starts flipping around when she's happiest--like during the praise and worship at church, or when I've given her something sweet (like mother, like daughter). John can feel it almost every time too, which is great. Last night, he asked me what it feels like for me when she's moving, and honestly, I don't even know how to describe it. But it's very cool.


Okay, enough procrastinating....time to get to those boxes!

1 comment:

Bagwell's said...

I love your writing and love you and your tummy. I miss you! I hope I can see you after the 4th. And we love picnic-ing!