Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You Asked For It....

Okay, most of you didn't ask for it, but some of you did! At any rate, here's my first attempt at blogging...I'm totally giving in to the peer pressure to do a baby blog, show my belly photos (maybe), and keep you updated as our family grows from a family of 3 to a family of 4. (Yes, we are THOSE people who include our dog in that number).









Let me be the first to say, I'm not super creative or original, but I AM lazy, and when my friend Jenny told me that you could do a blog and have it printed out into a scrapbook later, I thought, "sign me up for that!" I always have the best of intentions when it comes to scrapbooking, but just can never quite motivate myself to use the cute little picture corners and funky scissors that make the cool borders....let's just say, I know how to type, so this should work for me.


At the moment, I'm six months pregnant, and I've been putting this off for a while....in the beginning, it was because I was literally so nauseated that I couldn't think straight, and then it was because I just couldn't really think of a blog name....so, I sat down today and made myself make a list of potential name options-and let me preface by saying, I'm a realtor and not creatively wordy by nature....anyway, here were some of the runners-up:


Little Sugar Monster (According to my husband, I'm the ultimate sugar monster, and apparently, Miss Ally is too)
Ally Grace’s Punching Bag
A Day in the Life of Pregzilla

I Miss Fitting Into My Skinny Jeans
Skinny Girls Make Me Angry
Pregnancy Hormones are Fun….oh Wait. No, they’re not.
Have You Ever Eaten A Crate of Clementines in Less Than 3 Days? Because I Have.
Don’t Offer Me Your Fat Pants or I Will Not be Held Responsible For My Actions



I finally settled on Baby D's Debut...simple, self-explanatory, and alot easier to type.


I definitely want to keep you updated on our little Baby D....aka Ally Grace. John and I are so excited about having a daughter, although when we found out, he immediately started thinking about all the boys he'll have to fend off one day! I think he's going to be so cute with a little girl.....he will, of course, have to learn how to braid hair, play with Barbies, and sit still while she puts makeup on him, but I think he's up for all that! Here she is at 14 weeks...and for those of you who are grossed out by this, I apologize:


Pretty cute....maybe a little alien-like, but definitely on her way to being a precious little baby!

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherri,
Love your Blog! You are going to be a wonderful Mommy!!! :-) Anna is so very excited about Ally Grace and is already shopping for her. She loves the latest in "Baby Girl Fashion"! Take care of yourself.
Love ya,
Lisa T.