Friday, September 11, 2009

Nesting!

Let me tell you what's NOT a good idea: ordering a king-sized bedding set in a bag. Then leaving it in the bag for 6 months, only to pull it out and find that the wrinkles are now permanent. Like, etched into the bedpsread, never gonna come out. As in, have actually busted out my IRON (who knew I even had one!), and tried to iron the darn thing 14 times. Nope, these wrinkles are determined.

Now let me tell you why this is especially bad.....because I am NESTING, PEOPLE! And this comforter set, although cute in style and color, MAKES MY EYES BLEED! I have to look the other way every time I walk into my bedroom, and pretend that it doesn't exist, or else I get a crazy urge to bust out the iron, and iron the living daylights out of this thing. Again.


As opposed to other crazy urges that have found me on my hands and knees scrubbing our hardwood floors, breaking out the stainless steel wipes every time someone touches our fridge, and let's not even discuss the insanity with bed-making right now. Let's just say, it needs to be right, or mama's doing it over.


Anyway, I've been coveting several beautiful bedding ensembles at Pottery Barn, and I just absolutely know that they would never, ever wrinkle on me.......but when I oh-so-casually mentioned my frustration with the wrinkles to John, he just gave me this, "are you kidding me?" look. He knew right where I was going, and nipped it in the bud with a "we definitely aren't buying new bedding.....RIGHT? Right, Sherri?" Darn it, he knows me so well!


Also, in case you're wondering, I would literally give my right arm for some candy corn pumpkins right now. I went into the grocery store last night, and got way too happy about the fact that Halloween candy is out now....primarily for the candy corn. Well, guess what ONE candy they didn't have? Right. How is it even Halloween without candy corn pumpkins? So, after some desperate pleading, John stopped at the Mom 'n Pops grocery store around the corner from our house....I don't know why I even got my hopes up.....they didn't even have a stale, year-old, off-brand bag to offer me. Which I would've eaten with happiness.


By the way, I am 37 weeks and 4 days pregnant today.....and don't think I'm not counting them down either! I can't wait to meet our sassy little girl! (Yes, I CAN already tell). I know she will have been worth all the nausea, rib-cracking, organ rearranging, heartburn, and every one of the 35 extra lbs that are hanging onto my body right now. Well, most of them, anyway.


Here's my one true belly shot of the torpedo at 37 weeks. Be advised, if the thought of a giant, bare pregnant belly terrifies/makes you gag a little, stop reading now.


This is mainly to document that my skin can stretch in ways I never thought possible. Oh, the joy.










1 comment:

carolineo said...

LOVED seeing you today and you look great as usual, AG torpedo and all :) If it makes you feel better, I spent 1 full hour cleaning my stove the other day- it wouldnt have looked dirty to the naked eye, but I think my hormomes allow me to see specs of dirt that might otherwise take a microscope to see.